Reduce operating costs and overhead while investing in a valuable, long-term asset.
Always a good move for your business or farm.
SOLAR FOR AGRICULTURE
Farms have unique energy and water needs. Whether large commercial farms, or a smaller local farm, it's important to understand the type of farm it is. For instance, a livestock farm will have different solar energy needs than a poultry farm or a farm devoted solely to crop production. Dairy farms need a dependable supply of hot water to properly sanitize milk production equipment, while poultry farms need a constant heat source to keep the birds comfortable.
Aztek Solar recognizes the diversity of commercial farms, and works with the farmers to provide the appropriate solar energy system to meet the growing needs of today's farm.
A solar system designed to meet the daily needs of your farm or business is a great investment into the long-term value and viability of your organization.
a solar hot water solution, installed at a nova scotia dairy farm
THIS INSTALLATION WAS COMPLETELY PROJECT-MANAGED BY AZTEK SOLAR, AND PROVIDED A SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEM FOR A LOCAL NOVA SCOTIA DAIRY FARM.
solar power for your business – now is the time!
Now is a great time to add solar power to your commercial building. The Government of Canada is offering (until 2020), through the CRA, an accelerated capital cost allowance (CCA) incentive of 50% on qualifying systems to encourage businesses to adopt the use of renewable energy technologies.
Here's how it works:
- You purchase a solar power system to offset some or all of the electrical power usage of your business.
- You then can claim as a business expense the depreciation of this asset at up to 50% per year, on a declining balance basis.
- If you don't need to use all of the allowance in a given year, you can carry it forward to succeeding years, against future profits.
- If you were to use the full allowance each year, you could write off the full cost of your system in just over five years!
- Plus, you capture the full value of the elctricity that your system generates rather than paying the local utility company for it into the future.
To assess the solar potential for your business to reduce or eliminate your electrical bills for decades to come, while creating a valuable business asset that is quickly paid for, then contact Brian McKay of Aztek Solar, your Atlantic Canadian solar design and install experts. We also advise you to discuss this with your accountant to confirm that your business or farm qualifies for this government incentive program.